Origin UK Fertilisers, Invergordon
Re-development & expansion of Invergordon facility
Origin UK Operations Ltd, Jaman Way, Royston, Herts
Scot Steel Buildings Ltd, W Dunkenny Cottages, Eassie, By Forfar
||Origin Fertilisers, Invergordon
The re-development includes new warehousing for an additional 5000 tonnes of bulk raw material, along with an undercover bagged store for finished product. The existing blending and bagging plant is also being replaced with the latest modern equipment. Following completion of the re-development the facility will have increased daily capacity to meet peak seasonal demands and will be able to cover an increased geographic area to service the local farming community.
As part of the above expansion project Pat Munro (Alness) Ltd have been involved as a supplier & sub-contractor for:-
- Supply of ready mix concrete
- Surfacing work
The Pat Munro Surfacing department were appointed as the Asphalt specialist direct to Origin UK Operations; the surfacing work has included the use of approx. 200 Tonne of HRA 55/10 F surface course to overlay both the new & existing concrete floor slabs to the bulk bays & bagging plant areas.
The HRA material was client specified to provide a protective layer to the concrete floor slabs, preventing structural deterioration of the concrete which can be attacked by ammonia or hydrogen sulphide from fertiliser decomposition.
The Quarries department had two customers for this projects, Origin UK and Scot Steel. The site itself has taken over 350m3 of concrete for the building floors and surrounds.
CE Certificate no: CE-BM244 F for Hot Rolled Asphalt Bituminous Mixture
HRA 55/10 F Surface Course 40/60 to BS EN 13108-4:2006
- Provides excellent impermeability, thus improving durability of underlying concrete floor slab
- Significantly improves resistance to acidic damage to concrete by effluents
- Prevents concrete deterioration with extended whole life cost
- Extremely smooth surface for ease of cleaning and use of loading equipment buckets
- Financial benefit – saving due to reduced product wastage & minimal maintenance required
- Can be trafficked & put to use within 12-24hrs of completion
- Bitumen grade 40/60 pen used to provide stiffer asphalt mix for heavy traffic i.e. loading shovel or forklift
- Industrial area that are heavily trafficked.
- Agricultural Areas – Farm yards etc.
- Distillery / Brewery
- Fish Farms
- Haulage yards / Sawmills etc
C35 20 ready mixed concrete with Durus Easy finish fibres.
- The Durus Easy finish fibres provide the concrete with the required structural strength without the need for expensive and time consuming re-enforcing steel work.