We are proud to use Cemfloor technology to bring you screeds for indoor concrete flooring applications.
What is Cemfloor?
Cemfloor is a high-performance cement based, free flowing, self-compacting liquid screed developed by McGraths.
Cemfloor can be used for a variety of applications;
- commercial and domestic floors
- underfloor heating
- wet rooms
- unbonded or floating floors
- new builds or renovations
- single or multi story projects
Cemfloor binder is simply mixed with cement, water, and a suitable sand to create a high-performance screed.
Benefits of Cemfloor
- The installation time of Cemfloor screed is much less than that of traditional sand and cement screeds; therefore, the building time of the project is greatly reduced
- Reduced drying times of 14-28 days. (Depending on drying conditions and floor coverings)
- Exceptional Thermal Conductivity (up to 2.9W/m.k)
- Larger floor area without joints (up to 150m2)
- Thinner sections compared to traditional screeds
- Minimal Drying Shrinkage (<0.1%)
- Foot traffic after 24 –48 hours, allowing other trades to continue working on the project after the screed has been installed
- Can be applied in wet areas
- Self-compacting – no voids around under floor heating pipes
- No Surface Latiance (Dust) after curing
- Due to Cemfloors self-levelling properties smooth, level floors are easily achieved which simplifies the installation of the final floor coverings.
- Suitable for a range of floor coverings; tiling, hardwood floors, laminates etc
- Ideal for underfloor heating
Cemfloor provides the ideal solution for the domestic floor market. Its flowing properties make it easy and fast to install, and yet it is based on Cement and therefore has none of the concerns inherent with other flowing screeds. There are no special measures required before applying adhesives or floor finishes to it and, as an added bonus, it dries relatively quickly when compared to other flowing or “ordinary” screed materials
The commercial flooring market requires hardwearing and durable floors due to high traffic volumes, easy and fast to install, strength and cost effective. Cemfloor ticks all the boxes and it has been developed for optimum speed and suitable for bonded, unbonded and floating screeds.
Cemfloor Screed is an ideal solution for commercial projects and is produced in accordance with BS EN 13813:2002 screed material and floor screeds. The installation time of Cemfloor screed is much less than that of traditional sand and cement screeds; therefore, the building time of the project is greatly reduced. Cemfloor can also be foot trafficked after 24 hours allowing other trades to continue working on the project after the screed has been installed.
Due to Cemfloors self-levelling properties smooth, level floors are easily achieved which simplifies the installation of the final floor coverings.
Cemfloor is also ideally suited for use with underfloor heating due to its high thermal conductivity and reduced screed depths; this leads to a much more energy efficient and responsive heating system.
Cemfloor is produced in ISO 9001, BSI & Kitemark certified batching plants and is delivered to site ready for use; this ensures that the product is consistent from batch to batch and eliminates any errors that can occur when products are mixed on-site in uncontrolled conditions