Pat Munro first started trading, in their own right, after the end of the second World War in 1945. At that time Peter “Pat” Munro took on the quarry at Alness, which had previously been run by Government appointment to supply materials for the construction and maintenance of the military facilities in and around the port of Invergordon. When the war ended there was no further requirement for this military purpose and “Pat” Munro came into being for the first time, with a single full-time employee, to serve the local market with aggregate supplies.
From that small beginning the company diversified their operations into concrete manufacture, house building, civil engineering, coated roadstone production, road surfacing and waste disposal. All the time adapting to meet the needs of the local market.
There was also geographical expansion, although remaining firmly committed to the Highland market, with new operating centres in Inverness and Dornoch, resulting in a directly employed workforce of well in excess of 170 people.
Whilst the Munro family influence is still very much alive in the company, Pat Munro (Alness) Ltd has now expanded to incorporate a wider management structure, and we take great pride in the quality and professionalism of our workforce. We feel this allows us to offer a quality, and diversity, of service which is second to none.